Webinars from recent meetings, trainings, and conferences are available to watch online.
- 2021 Root Development Symposium
- This event was organized by the USDA Forest Service, the Western Forest and Conservation Association, and Purdue University with support from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture and from the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO). An international suite of speakers covered a variety of topics related to root development in nursery seedlings and juvenile forest trees with an emphasis on effective and environmentally sound technologies to optimize seedling quality and promote reforestation and restoration. A special issue of New Forests with papers from these presentations will be published in 2022.
- 2021 North American Forest and Conservation Nursery Technology Webinar Series
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, this webinar series was organized for a second year and includes 6 presentations on a variety of topics of interest to forest and conservation nursery managers, restoration project managers, and reforestation professionals.
- 2021 Northern Forest Genetics Association Zoom Meeting
- 2020 Empowering Tribal Culture, Ecology, and Food Systems
- This webinar series was co- organized by Trees, Water & People, the Intertribal Nursery Council, and the Western Forest and Conservation Association and includes 5 episodes. The series was aimed at supporting indigenous communities’ efforts to restore their land, reduce food insecurity, and increase economic opportunities through native plant production.
- 2020 Native Plant Production in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
- The State and Private Forestry Unit at the International Institute of Tropical Forestry organized these six webinars on management of tropical nurseries producing native trees. Topics included species selection, containers, growing media, seed collection, culturing techniques, pest management, seedling quality, and outplanting
- 2020 North American Forest and Conservation Nursery Technology Webinar Series
- This series was put together by the organizers of nursery meetings in U.S. and Canada that were canceled in 2020 due to the pandemic. The series included 8 presentations on a range of topics from seed processing, to fall planting, to nursery strategies during the pandemic.